JeanAnne Johnson Talbert – Substance Abuse Among Medical Patients -A Hidden Truth
Substance Abuse Among Medical Patients -A Hidden Truth – JeanAnne Johnson Talbert has the same quality as the author’s salapage.
Buy JeanAnne Johnson Talbert – Substance Abuse Among Medical Patients -A Hidden Truth Course at AiBox. We join Groupbuy AND always try to share knowledge with more people. Especially the quality is the same as salepage. You can buy directly at salepage, with full price. (link SALEPAGE are mounted directly on the post)
Substance Abuse Among Medical Patients -A Hidden Truth – JeanAnne Johnson Talbert course with special price just for you:
Salepage link: At HERE. Archive:
Total sizes: Full Day – include: – Audio and Video
- JeanAnne Johnson Talbert
- Full Day
- Audio and Video
- Apr 20, 2016
- Pharmacology of abused substances
- Effective screening of medical patients for substance use disorders
- Assessment and treatment of withdrawal symptoms
- Emergency interventions
- Medical complications of substance use disorders
The typical med/surg nurse cares for 6 patients in a shift. Statistics indicate that 2 of those patients have an underlying substance use disorder. Are you prepared to deal with withdrawal symptoms? Do you know how to assess for them?
A patient is recovering from his knee surgery and is reporting 10/10 pain. This seems impossible to you, as you have given him 20mg of IV Dilaudid. You think to yourself, “He should be apneic with that much Dilaudid!” How is this patient requiring so much opiate analgesia – and how much can you really give him?
A patient is admitted to the hospital for a leg abscess. She reports that she was bitten by a spider and it continued to get worse. She is receiving IV antibiotics. As you assess her, you notice strange looking vein patterns – almost as if her veins were black beneath the skin. Later in your shift, she begins sweating profusely, has diarrhea and begins yelling that her skin is crawling and her joints hurt tremendously. What is going on with her?
With the pervasive problems our society has with substance abuse, it is imperative that healthcare professionals have skill to meet the physical and psychological needs of those trusted to our care. JeanAnne Johnson Talbert, DHA, APRN-BC, FNP, PMHNP, AOCN, CARN-AP, will draw from her vast expertise during this practice-changing one-day event. You are guaranteed to leave with new ideas and insights to tackle the often “Hidden Truth” behind the complex medical patients you see.
|Webcast Manual (6.13 MB)
|Available after Purchase
Case Studies of Hidden Substance Use Disorders in Medical Patients: What Does it Look Like?
- In pregnant patients
- In general medical patients
- In surgical patients
Why is This Topic so Important? And so Challenging?
- Actual relevance in practice
- Morbidity and mortality – complications of substance use disorders
What Do These Substances Actually Do Within the Body?
- Pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics principles
- Tolerance and cross-tolerance
- Physical dependence
- Pregnancy-related complications
What Substances Are We Talking About?
- Anabolic steroids
- Club drugs
Street Drugs and Terminology
- Interpreting patient language
- What drugs are they talking about?
Neurobiology of Substance Abuse: You Mean it’s Not a Choice?
- Neurobiology and anatomy of the normal brain
- Substance abuse as a brain disease
- Genetic and environmental influences
Mental Illness and Substance Abuse “Dual Diagnosis”
- Co-occurring illnesses
- Traits and theories surrounding the two
Screening and Assessment Techniques
- Effective questionnaires to screen for substance use
- Techniques to promote open and honest communication from the patient
- Working with the pregnant patient who uses substances
- Assessing your own biases – and how to not let them interfere with your work
The Patient with an Underlying Substance Use Disorder: Withdrawal Symptoms & Emergency Treatments
- Anticipation/prevention of withdrawal symptoms
- Withdrawal protocols
- Medications to treat withdrawal symptoms
- Emergency treatments
- Treatment of the newborn following exposure to substances
- Safety for patients/family/staff
- Effective pain management
- Motivational interviewing – Assessing how to refer the patient following discharge from the hospital
JeanAnne Johnson Talbert, DHA, APRN-BC, FNP, PMHNP, AOCN, CARN-AP, has over 25 years of experience in the medical field as both a family practice and psychiatric nurse practitioner. She is board certified in family practice, oncology, substance abuse/addiction treatment, and psychiatric/mental health. JeanAnne currently owns her own clinical practice and is the medical director for three substance use disorder rehab centers comprised of residential, outpatient, and sober living programs.
She has previously been employed as an Associate Professor at Utah Valley University, chief nursing officer/chief clinical officer at HCA, Mountain View Hospital in Payson, Utah, and the director of medicine and oncology at HCA, Rose Medical Center in Denver, Colorado. In addition, JeanAnne has served as the associate editor and peer reviewer for the Clinical Journal of Oncology Nursing, as well as an expert witness and case reviewer for medical malpractice cases.
JeanAnne earned her MSN from Georgetown University, Doctor of Health Administration from the University of Phoenix, and a Post-Doctorate certificate as a Psychiatric/Mental Health Nurse Practitioner from Rush Medical College.
Financial: JeanAnne Johnson Talbert maintains a private practice. She receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Nonfinancial: JeanAnne Johnson Talbert is a member of the International Nurses Society on Addictions; American Psychiatric Nurses Association; and American Academy of Nurse Practitioners.
Substance Abuse Among Medical Patients -A Hidden Truth ,JeanAnne Johnson Talbert,Substance Abuse Among Medical Patients -A Hidden Truth – JeanAnne Johnson Talbert,Substance Abuse Among Medical Patients -A Hidden Truth Course download,JeanAnne Johnson Talbert course review
Buy the JeanAnne Johnson Talbert – Substance Abuse Among Medical Patients -A Hidden Truth course at the best price at AiBox. After your purchase, you will get access to the downloads page. You can download all the files associated in your order at here and we will also send a download notification email via your mail.
Unlock your full potential with JeanAnne Johnson Talbert – Substance Abuse Among Medical Patients -A Hidden Truth courses. our courses are designed to help you excel.
Why wait? Take the first step towards greatness by purchasing JeanAnne Johnson Talbert – Substance Abuse Among Medical Patients -A Hidden Truth courses today. We offer a seamless and secure purchasing experience, ensuring your peace of mind. With our trusted payment gateways, Stripe and PayPal, you can confidently complete your transaction knowing that your financial information is protected.
Stripe, known for its robust security measures, provides a safe and reliable payment process. With its encrypted technology, your sensitive data remains confidential throughout the transaction. Rest assured that your purchase is protected.
PayPal, a globally recognized payment platform, offers an additional layer of security. With its buyer protection program, you can feel confident in your purchase. PayPal ensures that your financial details are safeguarded, allowing you to focus on your learning journey.
Is it secure? to Use of?
- Your identity is completely confidential. We do not share your information with anyone. So it is absolutely safe to buy the JeanAnne Johnson Talbert – Substance Abuse Among Medical Patients -A Hidden Truth course.
- 100% Safe Checkout Privateness coverage
- Communication and encryption of sensitive knowledge
- All card numbers are encrypted using AES at relaxation-256 and transmitting card numbers runs in a separate internet hosting atmosphere, and doesn’t share or save any data.
How can this course be delivered?
- After your successful payment this “JeanAnne Johnson Talbert – Substance Abuse Among Medical Patients -A Hidden Truth course”, Most of the products will come to you immediately. But for some products were posted for offer. Please wait for our response, it might take a few hours due to the time zone difference.
- If this happens, please wait. The technical department will process the link shortly after. You will receive notifications directly by e-mail. We appreciate your wait.
What Shipping Methods Are Available?
- You will receive a download link in the invoice or YOUR ACCOUNT.
- The course link always exists. use your account to login and download the JeanAnne Johnson Talbert – Substance Abuse Among Medical Patients -A Hidden Truth course whenever you need.
- You only need to visit a single link, and you can get all the JeanAnne Johnson Talbert – Substance Abuse Among Medical Patients -A Hidden Truth course content at once.
- You can do your learning online. You can be downloaded for better results and can study anywhere on any device. Make sure your system does not sleep during the download.
How Do I Track Order?
- We always notice the status of your order immediately after your payment. After 7 days if there is no download link, the system will automatically complete your money.
- We love to hear from you. Please don’t hesitate to email us with any comments, questions and suggestions.