Marwa Azab – Rewire the Anxious Brain-Neuroscience-Informed Treatment of Anxiety, Panic and Worry
Rewire the Anxious Brain-Neuroscience-Informed Treatment of Anxiety, Panic and Worry – Marwa Azab has the same quality as the author’s salapage.
Buy Marwa Azab – Rewire the Anxious Brain-Neuroscience-Informed Treatment of Anxiety, Panic and Worry Course at AiBox. We join Groupbuy AND always try to share knowledge with more people. Especially the quality is the same as salepage. You can buy directly at salepage, with full price. (link SALEPAGE are mounted directly on the post)
Rewire the Anxious Brain-Neuroscience-Informed Treatment of Anxiety, Panic and Worry – Marwa Azab course with special price just for you:
Salepage link: At HERE. Archive:
Total sizes: 5 Hours 54 Minutes – include: – Audio and Video
- Marwa Azab
- 5 Hours 54 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Mar 08, 2019
Watch neuroscience and anxiety expert, Marwa Azab, Ph.D., and learn her keys for successful anxiety treatment. Dr. Azab integrates brain-based strategies for calming the anxious mind with client communication techniques that motivate change in your clients. Marwa’s approach promotes adherence to treatment and strengthens the therapeutic alliance – which is essential when working with anxious, worried, traumatized, or obsessive clients.
Dr. Azab will give you proven tools and techniques to:
- Identify and treat the roots of anxiety in both the amygdala and the cortex
- Explain “the language of the amygdala” in an accessible, straight forward way
- Identify how the cortex contributes to anxiety, and empower clients with strategies to resist anxiety-igniting cognitions
This transformational workshop recording will put the power of neuroplasticity to work for you and your anxious clients!
|Manual – Rewire the Anxious Brain (3.64 MB)
|Available after Purchase
|Instructions for ASHA Credit – SELF STUDY ONLY – 03/08/19 (38.5 KB)
|Available after Purchase
Use Neuroscience in the Treatment of Anxiety
- Positives: We know more about anxiety-based disorders than any other disorders
- Science gives explanations, evidence, authority, destigmatizes difficulties
- Concerns: It can be difficult to explain, answer questions
- Clients may feel a lack of responsibility
- Oversimplification is inevitable
Enhancing Engagement in Treatment
- Don’t neglect the therapeutic relationship!
- Address the challenges of anxious clients
- Remember that strategies are effortful
- Guide the process using client’s goals
- Maintain motivation
- Define Neuroplasticity in everyday language
- Therapy is about creating a new self
- ”Rewiring” as an accessible concept for change
- Re-consolidation: the modification of emotional memories
Identify Two Neural Pathways to Anxiety
- Amygdala – bottom-up triggering of emotion, physicality of anxiety
- Cortex – top-down emotion generation based in cognition
- Explain the two pathways to clients
- How anxiety is initiated in each pathway and how pathways influence each other
Client Friendly Explanations
- Use illustrations to create concrete understanding
- Fight/flight/freeze responses
- The “language of the amygdala”
- Anxiety and the cortex
- Help clients recognize the two pathways to anxiety
Neuroplasticity in the Amygdala (Essential for all Anxiety Disorders, PTSD, OCD, Depression)
- Sleep and the amygdala
- The influence of exercise
- Breathing techniques to reduce activation
- Relaxation, meditation, and yoga to modify responses
- Exposure as opportunities for the amygdala to learn
- Combatting avoidance
- When anxiety indicates that the amygdala can learn new responses
- Push through anxiety to change the amygdala
Neuroplasticity in the Cortex (Essential for GAD, SAD, OCD, PTSD, Depression)
- ”Survival of the busiest” principle – strengthen or weaken specific circuitry
- The healthy (adaptive) use of worry in the cortex
- ”You can’t erase: You must replace.”
- Recognize and modify the impact of uncertainty
- Training correct uses of distraction
- Left hemisphere techniques – cognitive defusion, coping thoughts, fighting anticipation
- Right hemisphere techniques – imagery, music
- Mindfulness and anxiety resistances
Neuroplasticity and Medications for Anxiety Disorders, OCD, PTSD, Depression
- Medication’s effects in the rewiring process
- The myth of the chemical imbalance
- The danger of sedating the brain with benzodiazepines
- Promoting neuroplasticity with SSRIs, SNRIs
- The effectiveness of CBT and meds
Move Beyond Diagnostic Categories to Focus on Anxiety Pathways
- Anxiety is a component of many diagnoses (depression, substance abuse, etc.)
- Amygdala- and cortex-based techniques help in other disorders
- Targeting brain-based symptoms rather than disorders
- Worry, obsessions, rumination respond to similar cortex-based techniques
- Panic, phobic responses, and compulsions respond to amygdala-based techniques
Research, Risks and Limitations
- Empirical versus clinical and anecdotal evidence
- Clinical considerations for specific clients and settings
- Efficacy of particular interventions may vary
Marwa Azab, Ph.D., teaches for the Psychology and Human Development departments at Cal State University, Long Beach, (CSULB). She currently teaches the psychopharmacology course for graduate students. She has also taught for the Biology department at University of California, Irvine (UCI). Marwa studied psychology for many years and completed a masters in Counseling. She has facilitated many groups such as anger management, stress management, interpersonal communication and many others for patients suffering from a variety of mental disorders. After many years of addressing human behaviors from a psychological perspective, she realized that there were blind spots that needed to be satiated from complementary fields. Thus, she completed a Ph.D. in Biological Sciences with emphasis on Neuroscience. Marwa started life coaching utilizing an interdisciplinary approach that intersects psychology, biology and genetics.
Marwa is a sought after international public speaker who is invited to speak on a variety of interdisciplinary topics, including three TEDx talks. She recently published her first book titled, “Anxiety Disorders: New Science on Mind-Body Connections and Healing” and blogs for Psychology Today, her blog is called “Neuroscience in Everyday Life”. You can connect with her on her Facebook page: www.facebook.com/DrMarwaAzab.
Financial: Marwa Azab has an employment relationship with Cal State University, Long Beach. She receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Marwa Azab writes a blog for Psychology Today called “Neuroscience in Everyday Life.”
Rewire the Anxious Brain-Neuroscience-Informed Treatment of Anxiety, Panic and Worry ,Marwa Azab ,Rewire the Anxious Brain-Neuroscience-Informed Treatment of Anxiety, Panic and Worry – Marwa Azab ,Rewire the Anxious Brain-Neuroscience-Informed Treatment of Anxiety, Panic and Worry Course download,Marwa Azab course review
Buy the Marwa Azab – Rewire the Anxious Brain-Neuroscience-Informed Treatment of Anxiety, Panic and Worry course at the best price at AiBox. After your purchase, you will get access to the downloads page. You can download all the files associated in your order at here and we will also send a download notification email via your mail.
Unlock your full potential with Marwa Azab – Rewire the Anxious Brain-Neuroscience-Informed Treatment of Anxiety, Panic and Worry courses. our courses are designed to help you excel.
Why wait? Take the first step towards greatness by purchasing Marwa Azab – Rewire the Anxious Brain-Neuroscience-Informed Treatment of Anxiety, Panic and Worry courses today. We offer a seamless and secure purchasing experience, ensuring your peace of mind. With our trusted payment gateways, Stripe and PayPal, you can confidently complete your transaction knowing that your financial information is protected.
Stripe, known for its robust security measures, provides a safe and reliable payment process. With its encrypted technology, your sensitive data remains confidential throughout the transaction. Rest assured that your purchase is protected.
PayPal, a globally recognized payment platform, offers an additional layer of security. With its buyer protection program, you can feel confident in your purchase. PayPal ensures that your financial details are safeguarded, allowing you to focus on your learning journey.
Is it secure? to Use of?
- Your identity is completely confidential. We do not share your information with anyone. So it is absolutely safe to buy the Marwa Azab – Rewire the Anxious Brain-Neuroscience-Informed Treatment of Anxiety, Panic and Worry course.
- 100% Safe Checkout Privateness coverage
- Communication and encryption of sensitive knowledge
- All card numbers are encrypted using AES at relaxation-256 and transmitting card numbers runs in a separate internet hosting atmosphere, and doesn’t share or save any data.
How can this course be delivered?
- After your successful payment this “Marwa Azab – Rewire the Anxious Brain-Neuroscience-Informed Treatment of Anxiety, Panic and Worry course”, Most of the products will come to you immediately. But for some products were posted for offer. Please wait for our response, it might take a few hours due to the time zone difference.
- If this happens, please wait. The technical department will process the link shortly after. You will receive notifications directly by e-mail. We appreciate your wait.
What Shipping Methods Are Available?
- You will receive a download link in the invoice or YOUR ACCOUNT.
- The course link always exists. use your account to login and download the Marwa Azab – Rewire the Anxious Brain-Neuroscience-Informed Treatment of Anxiety, Panic and Worry course whenever you need.
- You only need to visit a single link, and you can get all the Marwa Azab – Rewire the Anxious Brain-Neuroscience-Informed Treatment of Anxiety, Panic and Worry course content at once.
- You can do your learning online. You can be downloaded for better results and can study anywhere on any device. Make sure your system does not sleep during the download.
How Do I Track Order?
- We always notice the status of your order immediately after your payment. After 7 days if there is no download link, the system will automatically complete your money.
- We love to hear from you. Please don’t hesitate to email us with any comments, questions and suggestions.